Wednesday, December 29, 2010
We have spent a great portion of 2010 being inspired and endlessly entertained by these blogs. We are so thankful to the writers of each of these for providing us with ideas, inspiration and a good amount of fun. Here's to hoping that they keep it up in 2010 and amazing new blogs are found in 2011.
1. Stardust and Sequins: An oldie but a goodie. This has been our number 1 stop for inspiration over the past year. The pictures on this site are so in line with our style and what moves us, it's amazing.
2. Charmed She*s Sure: Clearly we are suckers for blogs with good photos. This blog has some of the best inspiration pictures as well. We tend to get alot of our good stuff from here.
3. Jak and Jil Blog: We couldn't leave Tommy Ton out, we really couldn't. Although this blog isn't a new one for us, we still ready every post. We have enjoyed watching Tommy grow as a photographer and we are still blown away by his work. He really is the best for street style pics of our favorites. It also helps that he loves the exact same people that we do.
4. Inspire/chictopia tumblr: we have found some of the best quotes and pictures on this site. This tumblr is a no-brainer and a quick read. One of the best, easiest places that we find inspiration.
5. French Frosting: this one is actually a spinoff of stardust and sequins, clearly we like this girl's style. She posts the prettiest pictures on this one, including food, fashion etc. This is the perfect blog to boost your mood. Just try and look at these pictures without smiling.
Hope all of you readers enjoy this list! Add these to your list of must read and we promise you won't be disappointed. Hopefully 2011 brings even more inspiration.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Wishing everyone an amazing and safe holiday. Just opened some family presents and got some incredible fashion books. LOVE. will have so much to share after the holidays.
pictures from our lovely midwest hometown and our family's home.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Well, we always have paid attention to what the fashion editors are wearing (we have especially been intrigued by them over the past year). Now it looks like alot more people are catching on to this trend (many thanks, we assume, to tommy ton, the sartorialist and garance for putting an emphasis on the editor's outfits...oh and ADR for wearing such insane clothing choices.)
We are very excited to see that Joanna Hillman (Bazaar's senior fashion market editor) is cataloging her outfits for 30 days and posting them here.
We found some great inspiration for winter dressing in her picks.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Okay we have resisted writing about Tommy Ton enough....he just posted his best dressed list of 2010 and we can't stop looking. He included so many of our favorites, Miroslava, Emanuelle, Giovanna, Anya, Taylor etc.
This is the best, best dressed list we have ever seen. Check it out here.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Here is some more Monday Inspiration. Even though it was 70 degrees in LA this weekend, we are starting to get in the holiday spirit (and preparing ourselves for single digit temps in the midwest next week).
look closer, because I'm addicted, carolines mode, die young stay pretty.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Photos from Charmed, She*s Surehttp://mariamichkev.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
We were recently spending time with a good friend from NY, when our attention was quickly grasped by this beautiful ring that she was wearing. Obviously we made her tell us the story behind the piece, and turns out that one of her friends makes these rings and there is also a pretty cool message behind it.
Her friend Arielle, created this line of rings (called the iloveme rings) that serve as a reminder to love yourself and give and accept love every day. We are pretty sure that a daily reminder to love ourselves is something we could all use.
Check out Arielle's website here and go straight to the rings here. She has alot of other great jewelery and some other inspirational stuff as well.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Hope these pictures brighten all of your Mondays as well.
french frosting, stardust and sequins, because i'm addicted, nylon
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
street style, photography, NY, specialty boutiques, Mr Newton and Elle Magazine. Wellll, surprise, all of these things came together when Mr Newton photographed women who work at specialty boutiques in Soho for a special street style piece for Elle.com
We are super into these photos because they are normal girls in their everyday atmosphere. As much as we love street style pics of models, it is nice to see regular girls and the outfit choices that they make when going to work every day. You know you can't work retail in 6 inch heels...
Check out the rest of the piece here.